So yesterday while I was at the grocery store looking the shelves over for the cheapest of whatever item was on my list (I'm big on lists) I got to thinking about why generic brand items are so much cheaper than brand name.
I am very budget conscious, and not just because I have to be, but because I want to be, and quite frankly its dumb not to be, especially in this economy,
Sidetracked sorry.... God now I'm lost...where was I ...... oh Yeah,
I am big on buying generic I find that for MOST items they are just as good if not better!
Here is one of my favorites as an example, I LOVE Wheat Thins, but one day while I was trying to get the heck out of the grocery store and fast, because my daughter was on the verge of a major meltdown on the snack isle, I just happened to see out of the corner of my eye a box of Thin Wheats, hmmm... I wondered could these be just as scrumptious as the Wheat Thins that cost almost douple? When I got home and tore into those bad boys my mind was made up for sure, they tasted the same as the expensive ones!
There you have if folks a story about Wheat Thins and Thin Wheats, bet you were not expecting that!
Here are a few things that I usually don't buy generic and why:
1. Paper towels- I need the most absorbent ones they make and generic are NOT absorbent
2. Toilet Paper- see above, Need I say anymore???
3. Tuna- Eric and I love tuna, talk about cheap and cheerful, but generic tuna is as Eric says "goey" EXCEPT for Harris Teeter
4. Dishsoap- I like the kind that softens your hands, haha!
5. Tea bags- We use Luzianne its the best, we make good ole' southern sweet tea at least twice a week, I'm drinking a glass now, YUM!
So my question to YOU, yes you sitting at your computer reading this wonderful post (ha) is, do you find a difference between brand name and generic products.
Leave a comment, pretty please with coffee ice cream on top!