Thursday, February 4, 2010

Well it snowed........

We did get a lot of snow!
Originally it was suppose to be 8-10 inches  but we ended up getting about 6 inches, which was more than enough for me.
Six inches of snow for Raleigh is a whole-lotta snow, the schools were closed again today, yes i know to a lot you you reading this that is INSANE, I was really suprised that they were out again today to be honest but they are saying that a lot of the neighborhoods still have ice on the roads and so they dont want to take any chances! You see, there was ALOT of sleet that combined and compacted with the snow and made huge thick sheets of ice everywhere, I sound like a meteorologist , NOT!

It started snowing on Friday night around 8 and we were at our friends house! Check out this picture of Tim he looks like he was on fire, it was an out of control  firepit on their patio!






This is just a random picture of it snowing from the car window






Before we went home we stopped at Walmart to pick up ground beef (for chili), a sled, an icescraper thingie, and a big bag of M&M's to bribe Madi with (best trick in the book j/k) well my wonderful husband went in while I sat in the car with my precious sleeping baby girl...






more random photos from inside the car in the walmart parking lot as a I waited for my sweet hubby...














Back to why we were at walmart in the first place.... when Eric got in the car he told me that they were sold completely out of ground beef, can you believe it! Plus they didn't have any type of sled or an ice scaper! What a bust, oh well!
So when we got home this is what Eric and I did while Madi was sleeping



I love Barefoot wine, great price and great taste!



So this is what it looked like when we woke up on Saturday...



See the cute cold little bird!
 

Ok, so I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked because I had just finished reading about how bad it is for my camera to go from a "controlled" temperature to the twenty five degrees it was outside,  and so I was paranoid!
As a usually am about something, thats just me, ha
But we had a super duper day playing out in the snow, Madison loved every second. We took her sleding down a pretty good sized hill  and she said "Weeeeeeeee" the whole way down and every time one of us went down too!
The first time I took her down with me she gave me a kiss when we got to the bottom and said "Cool mama" I know that I will remember  that moment forever, it makes my heart melt just thinking about it! God, I love her!
Enough getting all emotional on you here are a few more pics


Eric with "smoking hot hands"




Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment