Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A little bit of life.

Two posts in two days, get out of town!
We all have those days where we feel sorry for ourselves and think about nothing but what we DO NOT have and whine over why life isn't fair.
Well, I know I do anyways!
I had one of those days last Friday, and Saturday if you want me to be honest. This happened and That and some more of That happened and I was just in a bad mood and feeling like life sucked quite frankly. But then when I got on the computer late Saturday and uploaded some pictures that I took recently of my little family I realized that these little moments that seemed so insignificant at the time, just like every other day doing what at times seems so mundane it really hit me and put it all in perspective.
 I really need to soak up the time I spend drawing  octopuses with sidewalk chalk with my healthy, smart, and sweet daughter and my beautiful twelve year old cat too. I need to take in take in those walks that we take every day around our apartments, and the little treasures Madi is sure to find and give me. I need to appreciate that my husband is a wonderful loving father and a supportive husband to me , because there are lots of fathers that are nothing like him, especially twenty one year old fathers.
Not that I have not appreciated these things, its just that sometimes life gets in the way of how truly blessed I am. No scratch that, I Let life get in the way of how truly blessed I am.
I use to hear this dreadful negative phrase all of the time growing up, "life sucks and then you die."  I think that is the crappiest saying, because you are doing nothing but setting yourself up for an unhappy and most likely unsuccessful life. I want to be on this earth for a long time and so I am going to do my very, very best to live life to the fullest each and every day. I am going to work hard to be a positive, appreciative, giving, helpful, loving woman, and daughter of our wonderful God.
So with all that said here are a whole bunch of pictures from the past week.


No comments:

Post a Comment