Monday, August 2, 2010

Miscellany Monday

Once again it's time for Miscellany Monday, always my favorite post of the week, because well..... I'm a pretty random gal! Link up with Carissa too!

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

1. I had one amazing weekend with my husband. Madison stayed with my mom and step dad and rode on the boat at the lake all day. The girl loves riding on the boat, but she always falls asleep, haha.
2. Eric and I were planning on going to a downtown festival but when I got out of the shower he asked if I wanted to go to Wilmington {the beach} so of course I said okay. We went and toured the North Carolina battleship, it was amazing in so many ways. We stayed their for almost 3 hours. I learned so much and have even more respect for all of our service men and women. I recommend going if you  are ever able, I would not bring any children under 4 because there is so much steep climbing and so many tight and dangerous spaces.
                                            {like a kid in a candy store}


After that we rode around downtown and then went on the search for a seafood restaurant but after riding and riding we ended up eating at On the Border, we can always eat Mexican! yummy!
3. We ended up finding an inexpensive hotel and staying the night after picking up the best coffee we have ever had. It was so relaxing and we slept until 8:30!
4. I have got to organize things around my house. I keep halfway organizing stuff, but in the end I throw junk mail and other randoms in drawers and after about a month of chucking I cant find anything. I really need to setup a good system for mail and papers!
5. Potty training started today for reals!! Madi keeps sleeping through naps and even through the night without wetting her diaper, so it is time. This morning she woke up with a dry diaper and after 15 minutes of sitting on the potty reading books, singing, and playing with rocks from a candle scape in the bathroom she went and almost overflowed her little potty. Well 5 minutes later she comes running out of my room peeing the whole way across the house trying to make it to her potty. I would have never guessed she would have to go more!  So I happily cleaned up a trail of pee! I am so proud of my little Madi bean!
Have a great Monday Everyone!





2 comments:

  1. Organizing.
    That's my day.
    My life.

    Never ends.

    Good luck with it!

    Wonderful Miscellany Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm your newest follower :)

    I participated in Miscellany Monday too if you want to come visit us. :)

    http://theartsymom.tk

    ReplyDelete